|OK, this isn't me ... or is it?|
- Went to Syracuse from 2004-2008 (AKA the dark years).
- Wrote for The Daily Orange, covering sports and features from 2005-2008.
- Got frostbite camping out for College Gameday during a blizzard in 2006.
- Received an awkward hug from Doc Gross after SU lax beat Cornell to win the national title in 2009.
First SU football game
- Sept. 18, 2004 - 19-7 W vs. Cincinnati: Hard to believe 'Cuse went 4-1 at home my freshman year.
First SU hoops game
- March 23, 2003 - 68-56 W vs. Oklahoma State (in Boston): I realized I needed to go to SU that day. Bonus points: I picked Syracuse to win the national title that year and won my pool for the first and only time.
Greatest SU sports memory
- March 13, 2006 - Sitting in the bleachers during a World Baseball Classic game in San Juan Puerto Rico, a man wearing a Dominican baseball jersey notices my friend wearing a G-Mac jersey (two days after the Big East Tourney final). He yells, "oh shit, McNamara!" then continues yelling in Spanish. Gerry McNamara: International Icon.
Most depressing SU sports memory
- Nov. 12, 2005 - I was dragged out of the Carrier Dome by a friend, near tears, screaming at the band to stop playing the alma mater, because the football team didn't deserve it. The Orange didn't cross midfield until the fourth quarter that day.
Favorite SU football player
- Ryan LaCasse: Was a beast coming off the edge my freshman year. My man crush was slightly over the top for him.
Favorite SU hoops player
- Josh Pace - Underrated glue guy from my early days at SU. Hopefully C.J. Fair continues to remind us of him next year.
Favorite SU lax player
- Matt Abbott - The ultimate team player. No gaudy stats. All the little things. Could always count on him. Tiny calves.
If I were an SU sports star I'd be ...
- Macky MacPhereson. Great pedigree. Lacking in size and probably ability. Not lacking in heart.